discover the earth beneath your feet!
The SOTE Story
Sanctuaries of the Earth (SOTE) is a project to help heal the human spirit and Mother Earth. Crystals from all over the world are the foundation, epicenter and apex of SOTE.
In 2022-23, earth sanctuaries will rise up in Seattle, and communities around the U.S., exhibiting curated colossal crystals for the world to see. Every person, from every background, is invited.
SOTE inspires awe and curiosity by reconnecting people to the scientific nature and artistry of Mother Earth. Upon entering a crystal-filled earth sanctuary, visitors will experience a Spark Wonderment moment. Through programmatic partnerships visitors can accelerate healing themselves, their communities and the Earth.
In 2026-27, the SOTE movement will lead to the The Museum of the Earth (MOTE).
SOTE is globally inclusive and meant for all of us
On a daily basis we’re bombarded and traumatized by the events of the world
SOTE is a 180° experience
The human spirit is healed as is Mother Earth.
To ignite awe and curiosity by reconnecting people to the artistry and scientific nature of Mother Earth.
Expand Scientific Knowledge
Deepen Art & Earth Appreciation
Accelerate Healing Our Communities & The Earth
Seattle (2022 – 2023)
- The SOTE journey begins with a constellation of Sanctuaries, aka earth huts.
- Earth huts will contain curated crystals sponsored by impact investment partners.
- SOTE launches Q3 2022 in Seattle, inviting U.S communities to join.
- SOTE is a Spark Wonderment movement, igniting awe and curiosity.
United States (2023 – 2024)
- Sanctuaries of the Earth open in a handful of communities across America.
- Grassroots engagement & media accelerate the Spark Wonderment movement.
- All Sanctuaries will communicate with each other through interactive programs.
- Visitors will access SOTE programs, and the opportunity to connect with one another.
Global (2024 – 2025)
- Earth Sanctuaries are developed and opened in global communities.
- The network or constellation of sanctuaries grows across the U.S. and globe.
- The Spark Wonderment movement gains traction worldwide.
The Museum of the Earth (MOTE) (2026 – 2027)
- The Museum of the Earth opens
In a crystal, we have clear evidence of a formative life principle, and though we cannot understand the life of a crystal, it is nonetheless a living being.